Friday, June 10, 2011

Things to be excited about...

So...I will not apologize for being a neglectful blogger, just because it will make me feel worse about it than I already do. Instead I will share good news and pictures of things that I'm excited about.

I start my new job on Monday, which is a wonderful but also terrifying thing.

Also, I got a fancy new printer as a graduation present...for, of course, all my writerly things. (It does Duplex printing :-P)


And also, the Tuesday after this upcoming Tuesday I will be going to see Neil Gaiman and Lev Grossman in NYC. Something I have not allowed myself to get excited about until recently because I was not certain I would make it. But now I have a ticket. Yipee!


I really have also been looking for an excuse to learn how to post pictures on here, and now I know how. 
On a more writerly note: the story I am working on right now is going well. My sci-fi short story got rejected almost instantly by Lightspeed Magazine, but that's alright, and I am still dutifully awaiting a response from the first magazine I submitted to, Weird Tales. I shall continue to do my best to not lose my mind waiting, though I should hear back from them any day now.

I hope you are well, and have as many little things to be excited about as I do. And I'll try to post more often, maybe even with some more "serious" / academic things to say, though probably not considering my brain has been on vacation since graduation. :-)

2 comments:

  1. First, yay for the printer! That is gorgeous.

    Second, HUGE yay for seeing Neil Gaiman! I very much wanted to go, but circumstances kept me from being able. I hope you have a spectacular time!

    Third, the rejection means you are TRYING. You're putting yourself out there. To that, I also say yay!

    Weird Tales takes a while to respond, but they are mindful and considerate in their responses. I had a story to them in March and received a response in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I haven't seen Gaiman yet, it's not till Tuesday. But yeah I'm really excited.

    ReplyDelete