Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting Back Into It

I've been a bad little writer...and no, not in naughty way, but in the completely neglecting to write way. For the past few weeks my life's been thrown completely off-track, mainly because I'm done with school but haven't yet begun to work. Because of these two big reasons, and countless tiny ones, I have no structure in my day and my brain has decided to abandon me in La La Land for a few days.

The fact that I might actually finish and post this blog post is an indication that it may have returned. I also woke up this morning ready to write.

A main reason for why I haven't been writing lately is because the amount of research that I need to do in order to continue my WIP is extensive and therefore very intimidating. I've now submitted two short stories to magazines so I don't even want to look at those for fear that I'll find some glaring mistake and I'll hate myself (there really better be none)! But now I have a plan. I will work on a new story while I wait for the impending rejections of the other two and work on the research for the big story.

Though I've been a very bad writer the last two or so weeks I'm not upset with myself--as long as it doesn't turn into a summer long thing. I gave myself a break and now I'm back!

1 comment:

  1. As far as the extensiveness, goes -- jump it! Take it one page at a time. That's what I've been doing. :-)

    As far as being a bad writer -- sometimes, you just need a small break. :-) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete