Monday, March 14, 2011

Rambling No.1

First of all--it seems I'm already becoming addicted to this blogging business, and considering I have an addictive personality I'm not too surprised, though I am a bit concerned. I'm writing this one now, because I realize how negative...and well, whiny my first post sounded and feel the need to counteract that, and also explain myself.

It was really just one of those days...and I should not have written my first blog post yesterday. But the reason I felt it was necessary to discuss my grappling with editing the first draft of my manuscript is that it is so different from writing it, or writing anything. In the short period that I have been actively writing it has proven to be the highlight of any day, and I intended to treat editing the same way: put an hour or two aside every day to get some done. But editing is not nearly as fulfilling. With writing I'm creating, I'm telling myself a story. With editing I'm deconstructing the inner workings of my own story...which, if it were anyone else's I'd be having a blast, but as it is mine, it's mainly proving to be more work.

And like I said at the beginning of my first post, I had no expectations of it not being work, I just assumed it hide the hard part and seem more like fun, like writing does.

Regardless, I'm grateful to have something to be editing, and to those few, yet amazing, people who are helping me along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rambling - welcome to the Blogosphere. Like your blog name, your user name, and looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much--that is really sweet! :-)

    ReplyDelete